MeeMeeTheArts.Blogspot.Com

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Pegalomania Presents


In 2004 I finished writing, or so I thought, my original play with original music thus creating a musical in the traditional form.




My place in time is located in NYC in the 1970s, so although I have written bits & pieces of music, the music I have chosen for the sound-bed, is actually historical rock, pop, & folk. I was living with a classical musician, with Bach fugues & guitar scales as a constant, being peppered with temper tantrums & sulking that only the truly brooding artist can admire.

When I did go to college, later in life than most, I was tasked with a  homework assignment to write an experience that we had where we lived in a culture other than our own. Since I had grown up in a small logging town in California, & had married into an old money New York family, I asked my instructor if that would suffice to satisfy the assignment criteria for my "Ethnography". She said sure, so I began. Twenty years later I had put the meanderings, comments, scraps of memory & movement, I had been a serious dancer, into a four part script. I did this to present to TV producers, but now this format is irrelevant, an easy fix, so one with the show!

Fortunately, today there are means of notating music that do not require 20 years of study, but a computer program will do. For an amateur as myself, with only melody lines & lyrics to put forth, I will happily hire an audio wizard to mix the classical ballet scores, Bach fugues, Joni Mitchell, Jimi Hendrix & my own songs into something rather fabulous. Yes, alas, this is where my "gofundme" rests.

Because of my antiquity, I can no longer do my grande battements or pirouette on pointe, but I can choreograph & direct my show. Small cast, big ideas, no in person audience, due to Covid19 this has led me to the  realization, I could cast & produce my show in a video format...back to "gofundme".

If any of this interests the reader, my best email address is: Molloy.Marketing@outlook.com
I prefer email so that we both have a paper trail that time-stamped, any money discussed is documented, & any grievances notated. I use Paypal for any money exchanges because they have an excellent record keeping function.

Below is my gofundme account link. Should you be so kind as to read through my account description, that would be great. I did the digital stage scene drawing. 
Thank you & God bless.








No comments: