MeeMeeTheArts.Blogspot.Com

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

COPYRIGHT of original music discussed

I asked the Executive Producer of Hilltop Records what their policy is regarding the use of music they produce. Hilltop Records produces music for many beginning their careers, and are seeking publicity. They operate out of Los Angeles.

www.dreamstime.com


He explained that clients of his who have their original music produced by Hilltop Records, retain their copyrights. If that same composer chooses to sell the material to another company, as long as it is not Hilltop's production, all is well. The problem is when an artist uses the Hilltop production as their own. This clears this up for me because I have paid Hilltop to produce material of mine, but I intend to use it in a musical production of new arrangements in my play "Miss-Placed: The New York Years".

No comments: